Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with the support of The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is organizing the Annual Conference on Competition Law and Practice on 10 & 11 December 2021 by way of the virtual mode.
Hon’ble Shri Ashok Kumar Gupta, Chairperson, Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to be the Chief Guest and preside over the Inaugural Session.
Hon’ble Dr Sangeeta Verma, Member, Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to be the Guest of Honour and Chair the Plenary Session 1.
Hon’ble Shri Bhagwant Singh Bishnoi, Member, Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to be the Guest of Honour and Chair the Plenary Session 2.
Ms Jyoti Jindgar, Adviser (Eco), Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to Chair the Plenary Session 3.
Ms Payal Malik, Adviser (Eco), Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to Chair the Plenary Session 4.
The Plenary Session will be joined by eminent speakers, including Ms Zia Mody, Chairperson, CII National Committee on Regulatory Affairs & Co-Founder & Managing Partner, AZB & Partners.
Discussions at the Conference will focus on below broad Themes:
- Competition Law - journey; learnings and the way - CCI as an enabler of ease of doing business; Learnings and rich jurisprudence; Vision for India@75
- Evolving paradigms of Competition Law - Competition issues in disinvestment; Stressed assets – developing market in India; Government institutions; Sectoral regulations and competition law
- Mergers and Acquisitions - Overview and Trends; Review of strategic acquisitions (traditional & modern industries) vs. minority private equity transactions - is the same yardstick applicable? ; M&A involving digital platforms need for intervention, killer acquisitions, data access/big data, self-preferencing concerns; Emerging frontiers - do deal value thresholds work and how to avoid gun jumping
- Emerging Issues in Anti-Trust Enforcement - Confidentiality Regime, Leniency Regime, Market Corrections: Remedies and Monetary Penalties, Settlement & Commitment
- Characterization of a digital platform business- Regulatory developments, International trends and the approach to online markets and e-commerce and CCI’s approach; Framework for assessing anti-competitive conduct in the digital world – is it different?; Market definition; Establishing dominance in online markets; Potential anti-competitive conduct; Crystal ball gazing