Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with the support of The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is organizing the Annual Conference on Competition Law and Practice on 10 & 11 December 2021 by way of the virtual mode.
Hon’ble Shri Ashok Kumar Gupta, Chairperson, Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to be the Chief Guest and preside over the Inaugural Session.
Hon’ble Dr Sangeeta Verma, Member, Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to be the Guest of Honour and Chair the Plenary Session 1.
Hon’ble Shri Bhagwant Singh Bishnoi, Member, Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to be the Guest of Honour and Chair the Plenary Session 2.
Ms Jyoti Jindgar, Adviser (Eco), Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to Chair the Plenary Session 3.
Ms Payal Malik, Adviser (Eco), Competition Commission of India has kindly consented to Chair the Plenary Session 4.
The Plenary Session will be joined by eminent speakers, including Ms Zia Mody, Chairperson, CII National Committee on Regulatory Affairs & Co-Founder & Managing Partner, AZB & Partners.
Discussions at the Conference will focus on below broad Themes:
- Competition Law - journey; learnings and the way - CCI as an enabler of ease of doing business; Learnings and rich jurisprudence; Vision for India@75
- Evolving paradigms of Competition Law - Competition issues in disinvestment; Stressed assets – developing market in India; Government institutions; Sectoral regulations and competition law
- Mergers and Acquisitions - Self-preferencing, start-up, killer acquisitions; Consolidations in mature sectors; Data protection and privacy
- Settlements and commitments - Penal provisions - consistency and predictability; Structural and behavioural remedies; Confidentiality regime
- Characterization of a digital platform business - Scale; scope; delineation of relevant markets; Assessment of vertical restraints and monopoly; Multi-sided platforms and multi-product ecosystems