India is witnessing a transition from an emerging to a developed digital economy. The size of the digital economy in India is estimated to grow from $ 200 billion in 2017-18 to a staggering $ 1 trillion by 2025. With over a billion mobile phones and more than 700 million internet subscribers, India has also witnessed an exponential growth in digital-commerce, digital entertainment and use of social media. India’s mobile data consumption is already the highest in the world and is constantly increasing. This has increased the demand for data centers.
E-governance, digitalization and data localization have accelerated the growth of data centers in India. This augurs well for the country and now there is a growing need to introduce green concepts to optimize resource efficiency and demonstrate global competency in data centers and IT/ITES enabled services. CII-IGBC and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) – DOE USA jointly started an initiative in 2018 for “Enhanced Energy Efficiency in Indian Data Centers”.
To keep the movement ahead, CII-IGBC and LBNL USA are organizing Data Center Summit 2020 on 10 Dec & 11 Dec 2020. The key objective of the initiative is to develop and facilitate the implementation of policies and programmes at National level to reduce energy demand in data centers. ‘User Guide for Implementing ECBC 2017 in Data Centers’, has been developed. The guide would be launched during the Data Center Summit 2020.
The conference would support the stakeholders to:
• Explore component level energy benchmarking (Chiller System, Room Cooling System, Electrical System and IT Hardware & Management)
• Understand sustainability perspectives in data centers
• Schedule B2B meeting (for growth in businesses)
• Build new network and strengthen relationship with collaborators
• Enhance knowledge on newer technologies and advancements in data center as a whole
• Witness launch of case studies (explore innovative measures implemented in data centers)
• Learn about new products and services