CII Smart Manufacturing Council – a high-level council focusing on driving the agenda of Industry 4.0 adoption in India was created in April 2017 and has been working relentlessly towards achieving its objective. The Council garnered significance interest and appreciation for its work from the Government, industry, academia and others.
Among several initiatives being driven by the Council, CII Smart Manufacturing Summit has been organized annually as its flagship event since 2015. The summit brings together stakeholders from across Macro, Meso and Micro levels to:
- deliberate on policy recommendations to promote I4.0 adoption in India
- celebrate the success stories of I4.0 implementation
- showcase emerging technologies, applications of I4.0 through exhibition
- exchange international and domestic best practices
- learn from domain experts about I4.0 concepts
The Summit provides an opportunity to showcase the work done by the Council through the year and launch initiatives with a bang. The past summits have witnessed launch of few crucial initiatives like:
- Compendium of case-studies - ‘Manufacturing in India: Creating a Smarter Future’
- CII Map of Use Cases on Industry 4.0
- CII Smart Manufacturing Platform – www.smartmanufacturingindia.com
This year, the Summit is in its sixth edition and being organized virtually as a week-long programme from 9-13th November in partnership with Plattform Industrie 4.0, Germany. The theme of the Summit is ‘Industry 4.0: Shaping Manufacturing for the New Normal: Unleashing the potential of the MSMEs’.