In the contemporary context, we are witnessing variability in water availability, with extremes, both droughts and floods becoming more visible than ever before, both in terms of frequency of occurrence and magnitude. This calls for the development of strategies, methodologies, and tools for incorporating climate change impacts into water resources management while dealing with existing challenges.
To take this approach forward, CII is organising a conference on “Climate Change & Water Connect : Moving from Risks to Resilience for a Water Secure Future” on Friday, 25th March 2022, over Virtual Platform. The Conference aims to deliberate on developing requisite adaptation & mitigation measures which can be incorporated into long term planning for addressing climate change in a holistic manner.
This Conference will be joined by eminent leaders, strategic thinkers and captains of industry to share their views, discuss and deliberate in evolving a noble approach on Climate Change and Water Connect.
The conference will deliberate on :
- Climate extremes and their impacts on natural physical environment and water risks
- Strengthened Climate resilience and water conservation
- Demand Management
- Developing alternative water sources
- Water sensitive urban development
- Mitigating water risks through basket of strategies – demand and supply side (experience sharing through case studies)
- Nature Based solutions